What is the 7. 12. extract?
The 7. 12. extract is the extract from the Land Register of any district in Maharashtra, which gives complete information about a certain piece of land.
How did it get its name 7. 12. ?
The 7. 12. extract is named after the 2 forms that are used to collect the information for the extract:
- Village Form VII which records the details of the owner and rights
- Village Form XII which records the agricultural aspects of the land
It is also known as Saat-Baaraa Uttaaraa which in Hindi / Marathi means Seven Twelve Extract.
What does the 7. 12. extract contain?
The 7. 12. extract contains:
- Name of the owner(s)
- Type of Land: Agricultural / Non Agricultural
- Location (with respect to surrounding land, roads, water bodies etc.)
- Name of the cultivator of the land (if different from the owner)
- What crops are grown on the land
- Details of any outstanding loan
- Details of any pending litigation
- Details of tax paid / unpaid
- Easements / Access roads to the land
For what can the 7. 12. extract be used?
The 7. 12. extract can be used for various purposes like:
- Looking up the ownership of ancestral land or land in a village
- Knowing about any past disputes and the orders passed affecting the land
- Knowing about the type of activities being carried out on the land
- Knowing about the agricultural and natural aspects of the surrounding areas.
What law is the 7. 12. extract governed by?
The 7. 12. extract is required to be maintained under the Maharashtra Land Revenue Record of Rights and Registers (Preparation and Maintenance) Rules, 1971 sections 3, 5, 6, 7, 29
Is the 7. 12. extract a public document? Can I see it online?
Yes. The 7. 12. extract is a public document and can be accessed online at: http://mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in/
How can I find out historical records of the land and its past owners?
The historical records of the land are contained in Form 6 and you would need the Form VI Extract.
This form is a Register of Mutations, i.e. it contains a record of the historical changes to the land. This includes past owners, details of gift, inheritance, leases etc. affecting the land. This is also know as Pherphar Patra.
Important Marathi Terms used:
- Khaataa = Account
- जिल्हा Zilla = District
- तालुका Tehsil / Taluka = District Division
- गट क्रमांक Gat Kramaank = Area Number (Survey Number)
- गट क्रमांकाचा उपविभाग Up-vibhag = Sub-section
- एकूण Ekun = Total
- भूधारणा पध्दती Bhudhaarna Paddhati = Type of land
- भोगवटदाराचे नांव Bhogavatdaarache Naav = Owners Name
- शेताचे स्थानिक नांव Shetaache Sthaanik Naav = Local name of the land
- जल सिंचित Jal seenchit = Water irrigated
- अजल सिंचित Ajal seenchit = Water irrigated
- हंगाम Hangaam = Crop Season (Eg: Kharif / Rabi)
- पिकाचे नाव Pikache Naav = Name of the crop (Eg: भात Rice / Wheat
- लागवडीसाठी उपलब्ध नसलेली जमीन Laagavadisathi Uplabdh Nasleli Zamin = Land not available for cultivation
- जल सिंचनाचे साधन Jal Seenchnache Saadhan = Source of Irrigation
- शेरा Shera = Comments / Observations / Remarks
- पोटखराब Potkharaab = Uncultivable Land
- मालमत्ता Maalmattaa = Assets
- अधिकार अभिलेख पत्रक Adhikaar Abhilekh Patrak = Record of Rights
- मिश्र पिका खालील क्षेत्र Mishr Pikakhalil Shetra = Area having mixed crop