- Before you rush to the aid of your friend, keep a neutral mind.
- Ask for the place where he has been taken and the name and designation of the officer who has arrested him. It may also be useful to know on what grounds he was arrested.
- It may also be useful to note down the number from where he is calling.
- Immediately inform his / her family members or relatives about the incident, with the correct details.
- Arrange for a lawyer, or apply for free Legal Aid.
- Be aware of the bail amount, so that if the offence is a bailable one, he can be granted bail immediately.
- Don’t always assume that your friend cannot be wrong. You may not be aware of the facts of the incident, hence don’t jump to conclusions.
- Don’t be rude to the police officers.
error: The content on this website is (C) Lawgic.info. Ask for permission at email@example.com !!