First All India Bar Exam:
Result declared on 19-Mar-2011
Second All India Bar Exam:
Third All India Bar Exam:
Result declared on 15-Feb-2012
Certificates of Practice sent by Speed Post
Fourth All India Bar Exam:
The next All India Bar Examination will be held on 8-Jan-2012 as per the following notification on the Bar Council of India website:
Starting date of Online Application:
Last day to apply:
Last day of receipt of registration slip along with Pay in Slip and documents at the Bar Council of India:
Online Application Link:
Steps to Enroll for the All India Bar Examination: Click Here
=Updated: 1-Nov-2012 – Certain steps are still not clearly updated on the new AIBE Website.=
Step 1: Enrolment with the State Bar Council
Enroll on the Rolls of a State Bar Council. You will need the enrollment number when filling in the application form for the AIBE.
To apply to the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa, refer to this article.
Step 2: Get an Enrollment Certificate
You will need a copy of the State Bar Council Enrollment Certificate or Advocate’s Card for applying for the AIBE.
Make a Demand Draft Pay the fees at any SBI Branch
- First time Candidates:
Rs. 1300/- Rs. *1900/- (this should be inclusive of preparatory material, but there is no clarification)
- Repeat Candidates:
Rs. 700/- Rs. *1400/- (this usually does not include preparatory material, but there is no clarification)
*Add Rs. 50 as SBI Processing Fee.
Before visiting the branch download the SBI Challan copy and fill it in: http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/docs/SBI_Challan_for_AIBE.pdf
Step 4: Fill in the AIBE Application Form
For filling in the offline and online forms, you will need:
- A black ball pen – to write the details on the OCR form
- A pencil / eraser.
- Your most recent passport (3.5 x 4.5cm) size photograph in formal attire. (Do not staple)
- Glue Stick – to paste your photo onto the form and label onto the envelope.
- Copy of your State Bar Council Enrollment Certificate or Advocate’s Card.
- Envelope (14 inch. x 9 inch. – to fit an A4 size sheet) – to send your completed application. A green thread envelope should be ideal.
Step 5: Send it!
Send the following documents:
- For Online Applications: The Registration Slip, printed on A4 size paper (without folding)
- For Hard-Copy Applications: the form (without folding)
- the Demand Draft
- copy of your State Bar Council Enrollment Certificate or Advocate’s Card
Send them by Courier, Registered Post or Speed Post to:
The Bar Council of India,
21, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110002.