80. Power of police officer and other officers to enter, search, etc.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- any police officer, not below the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police or
- any other officer of the Central Government or a State Government authorized by the Central Government in this behalf
may enter any public place and search
the Central Government in this behalf may
- enter any public place and
- search and
- arrest without warrant
any person found therein who is reasonably suspected of having committed or of committing or of being about to commit any offence under this Act.
Explanation:- For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression “public place” includes any public conveyance, any hotel, any shop or any other place intended for use by, or accessible to the public.
(2) Where any person is arrested under sub-section (1) by an officer other than a police officer, such officer shall, without unnecessary delay, take or sent the person arrest before a magistrate having jurisdiction in the case or before the officer-in-charge of a police station.
(3) The provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 shall, subject to the provisions of this section, apply, so far as may be, in relation to any entry, search or arrest, made under this section.